Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A flavorful lowfat muffin. This makes a lot of muffins, but they freeze well.
Make and share this Molasses Prune Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, quick-cooking type
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup prune puree
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat 18 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups.
- Bake 18 minutes or until done. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.