1/1 Photo of Molasses Pretzel Snack (Microwaved)
From Taste of Home's Best Holiday Recipes. This is a great snack for your family or even a gift for friends, neighbors and teachers! And it's made in the microwave. . .whoopie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (I have subbed this out with extra molasses, honey and agave in the past, all with great results)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I have subbed out vanilla in the past)
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts (unsalted is fine too)
- 1In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and molasses. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-50 seconds or until the butter is melted; stir.
- 2Microwave 15-25 seconds longer or until mixture boils. Immediately stir in the salt, baking soda and extract (mixture will foam).
- 3Stir in pretzels and peanuts. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until pretzels and nuts are well coated, stirring twice.
- 4Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. (If I use unsalted peanuts, I sprinkle some extra sea salt on the top of the mixture). Cool for 15 minutes, stirring twice. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Pretzel Snack (Microwaved)
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 259.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: