Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Maito
A fancy dish that tastes great, without excessive effort. I think you could get away with halving the molasses and soy sauce in the marinade if you use a ziplock, there is plenty of liquid. The only thing I would surely do different is to use all wine instead of a mix with the broth, it would give the sauce an even better flavor than it already had.
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups molasses
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
Red Wine Sauce
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish or zip-lock freezer bag; add tenderloins.
- Cover or seal; refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill tenderloins, covered with grill lid, over med-high heat for 20 minutes or until an internal thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- To make the sauce: saute onion in melted butter in a saucepan over med-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add in wine; cook 3 minutes; add beef broth; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir together ¼ cup water and cornstarch; add to broth mixture, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened; remove from heat.
- Serve tenderloin with sauce.