Recipe by ladypit
These are a great sweet muffin without being cloyingly sweet. My kids love muffins and we eat them a lot. Most of the time I put fruits or veggies in them, but this is the one I created for a sweet treat. The molasses gives it a nice darker color.
Top Review by hltravis96
I just made these muffins for my family and OH MY GOODNESS, these are absolutely delicious! I ground my oatmeal in the blender before adding to the recipe for the texture and used 3 whole eggs as suggested in another review as I didn't want to waste the yolks and had nothing to use them in right away. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. This is such an easy recipe for children to help make. This is definitely a keeper! Thank you! **A tip I have found helpful with the muffin liners, if you are having trouble with muffins sticking, I spray the papers with cooking spray before adding the mixture and the papers pull right off.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1/2 a small package)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except the chocolate chips.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Now add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Fill muffin tins sprayed with non-stick spray (or use muffin liners) 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until slightly brown and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.