Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a fabulous recipe for banana bread! This can also be baked in mini loaf pans and it also makes 12 muffins, bake for 20-25 minutes. I also added in some shredded carrots and nuts then baked it in a 9x5-inch loaf pan, for less fat use low-fat yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream (or use full-fat) or 1⁄3 cup low-fat yogurt (or use full-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl sift together white and whole wheat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl beat the butter with sugar and molasses for about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, beat until combined.
- Add in bananas, sour cream applesauce and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add in the flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until bread tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.