Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
A truly southern dessert. Note: time includes 4 hours chilling
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Lightly beat eggs.
- Add molasses and cook in double boiler, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and place dish in pan of ice. Stir until creamy & cool.
- Add orange juice, cinnamon, & salt; blend well.
- Gradually pour mixture over stiffly beaten cream.
- Pour into individual serving cups & refrigerate 4 hours.