Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Have not tried this..but it sounded different
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 16 chocolate mint wafers, broken
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix together margarine, molasses and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beat after each addition, and set aside.
- Sift flour, and salt and add to molasses mixture.
- Mix in mint wafers and vanilla.
- Pour one half of the batter into a greased 8" pan, sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Evenly cover with the remaining batter.bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool, remove from pan, and cut into 2" squares -- .