Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend of mine turned me onto the wonderful flavor of a molasses glaze that I've modified and incorporated into the meatloaf as well as on the meatloaf. (NOTE: This is a big meatloaf or two.)
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (with Wasabi)
- Combine Molasses, Ketchup, Mustard, Honey & Wasabi/Horseradish (I usually do it right in my glass measuring cup).
- Put meat into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, oats, onion flakes, garlic powder, and 1/2 of the glaze mixture.
- Combine all ingredients well. Form into a loaf (or two smaller loaves) and place in an ungreased pan.
- Bake covered for 50 mins @ 350 degrees F, then pour the rest of Molasses mixture on top of the meatloaf and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.