Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
these are yummy..too bad there are only 12
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350*.Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt.set aside.
- In a 1 cup measure, combine molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat butter till light and fluffy, lower mixer speed to medium, beat in eggs, then the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Lower the speed to low, beat in flour and the milk, stir in the baking soda into the molasses mixture --
- Remove 1 cup of batter to small bowl, stir in molasses, alternately spoon dollops of yellow and molasses batter into the prepared tins, use a dinner knife, gently make an X in each mound of dough.to marbelize.
- Bake until tops are soft and springy.about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool in tins on rack.