Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From the Rival Crock pot cookbook, this has a nice tangy glaze you won't want to miss!
Make and share this Molasses Maple Glazed Beef Brisket(Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) beef brisket, scored with a knife on both sides
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 slices fresh gingerroot (very thin slices)
- 4 slices orange peel, no white pith (1/2'x1 1/2-inch)
- Combine cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over the brisket. Place brisket in resealable plastic bag.
- Combine olive oil, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar, tomato paste, orange juice, garlic and orange peel in a small bowl. Pour mixture over brisket in plastic bag.
- Refrigerate marinated brisket for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning bag several times.
- Transfer brisket and marinade to crockpot and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 3 1/2-4 hours, turning once or twice. Adjust seasonings to taste. Slice thinly across the grain and serve. Enjoy.
Very good and really easy. Thanks for submitting!