4 hrs 20 mins
From the Rival Crock pot cookbook, this has a nice tangy glaze you won't want to miss!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) beef brisket, scored with a knife on both sides
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 slices fresh gingerroot (very thin slices)
- 4 slices orange peel, no white pith (1/2'x1 1/2-inch)
- 1Combine cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over the brisket. Place brisket in resealable plastic bag.
- 2Combine olive oil, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar, tomato paste, orange juice, garlic and orange peel in a small bowl. Pour mixture over brisket in plastic bag.
- 3Refrigerate marinated brisket for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning bag several times.
- 4Transfer brisket and marinade to crockpot and cook on Low for 7-9 hours or on High for 3 1/2-4 hours, turning once or twice. Adjust seasonings to taste. Slice thinly across the grain and serve. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Maple Glazed Beef Brisket(Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.5
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 1899.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: