Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from a family magazine. These are the soft gingersnaps and they are delicious.
Make and share this Molasses Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- In lg. mixing bowl, cream together the shortening, brown sugar, molasses and egg.
- In separate medium-size bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, blending after each addition, until the dough is evenly mixed.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the 1/2 c of sugar in medium-size bowl. Using floured hands, shape the dough into balls the size of whole walnuts. Rol the balls in the sugar, then place them on a lg, lightly greased baking sheet, leaving a couple of inches between them.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring them to a cooling rack.