1/8 Photos of Molasses Fiber Bread
1 hr 44 mins
1 hr 24 mins
A dark loaf with the light sweetness of molasses, this bread is a hit for toasting, sandwiches or on it's own! The mixed grains and milk give it a marvelous texture!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup water, lukewarm
- 1/3 cup milk, lukewarm
- 1 large egg, mixed with a fork
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 2/3 tablespoons soft margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup natural bran (not the cereal)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not the instant variety)
- 1/8 cup rolled oats, to sprinkle on top of loaf
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup psyllium
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Place all ingredients into your bread machine according to manufacturers instructions (or mix by hand).
- 2Allow the ingredients to mix well. Turn your machine off after the first mixing cycle is complete.
- 3Remove the dough and allow it to rest 10 minutes on a lightly floured board.
- 4Knead lightly and shape into a round loaf. Place into a greased cake pan and sprinkle with oats.
- 5~If your dough is not sticky enough to hold the oats, brush lightly with egg white & slash the top of your loaf before adding the oats. This will also help to give a 'crisp' crust to your bread.
- 6Cover with a damp warm towel and set in a warm place to rise (about 1 hr).
- 7Place in a 375F preheated oven and bake about 40 minutes or til bread tests done (removing it from the pan, tapping the bottom of your loaf lightly should produce a 'hallow' sound).
- 8Remove the loaf and allow to cool slowly on a wire rack and cover with a tea towel.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Fiber Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: