2 hrs 12 mins
This is my favorite gingerbread man recipe for the holidays. It is an eggless recipe and really has a great molasses flavor. This dough can be frozen for several weekes or you can roll, cut out and flash freeze the cut-out cookies to bake at a later date. Decorate with a simple smile, eyes and "mittens" using a confectioners sugar frosting piped out of a small ziplock sandwich bag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar and shortening together until light and fluffy.
- 2Add molasses and beat until it is incorporated Add hot water and stir well.
- 3Sift dry ingredients into mixture a cup at a time and stir until mixed well Chill for at least 2 hours.
- 4Roll out a small amount, cut out a cookie round and test by cooking in a preheated 375F oven.
- 5If cookies are spreading out too much, add and knead in a bit more flour.
- 6Roll out dough a quarter at a time, keeping the rest chilled.
- 7This makes handling the dough easier.
- 8Roll out (using an equal mixture of confectioners sugar and flour) and cut into gingerbread men shapes.
- 9Bake in a preheated 375F oven for about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Cut-Out Cookies for Gingerbread Men
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g