Recipe by rainlion
I do not claim this recipe as my own. It is the best molasses crumb cake though. I stalked a woman at church for the recipe. She insists it's the oil that makes it so moist.
Top Review by Chef OG
Ive been making this recipe for years. It's truly simple and good. The only difference with my recipe is the addition of 1tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/4 tsp cloves to the crumb mixture.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar, oil, and salt. Reserve two cups for crumb topping.
- Dissolve baking soda into warm water.
- Add water mix and molasses to dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth and pour into a greased pan (I use a glass cake dish).
- Sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.