Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Ahhhh, what can I say? I love molasses.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Mix brown sugar, shortening, egg, and molasses in a bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls, dip in granulated sugar.
- Place balls, sugared sides up, about 3" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake just until set, 10 to 12 mins.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Delicious! Chewy with a nice cracked finish. Just what I was looking for..thanks!
Made these tonight. I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out wonderfully. AND I actually got 4 dozen cookies when it said I'd get 4 dozen. That NEVER happens for me.