Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great anytime, but especially fun to include in your cookie trays during the holidays! Cooking time is per pan.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar gradually, and cream thoroughly.
- Blend in beaten egg and molasses.
- Mix together flour, soda, cloves, cinnamon and ginger to cream mixture. Mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or more.
- Shape into balls, and dip top in sugar.
- Place unsugared side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with 2-3 drops of ice water.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.