Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great anytime, but especially fun to include in your cookie trays during the holidays! Cooking time is per pan.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar gradually, and cream thoroughly.
- Blend in beaten egg and molasses.
- Mix together flour, soda, cloves, cinnamon and ginger to cream mixture. Mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or more.
- Shape into balls, and dip top in sugar.
- Place unsugared side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with 2-3 drops of ice water.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.
these are good but I got nothing near 36 cookies, I must have shaped them into larger balls, I also added in a small amount of freshly ground black pepper for extra zip, thank for sharing Linda, will make again!