Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love cookies and the molasses is so good in these with the spices. If you refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour, you can shape the dough into balls and roll them in granulated sugar. I think this is a little easier and your cookies are more uniform.
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream together shortening and sugar, add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Add molasses, salt, soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Gradually add flour. Mixture will be very thick.
- Spoon onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake them for 10 minutes in a 350 oven.