I love cookies and the molasses is so good in these with the spices. If you refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour, you can shape the dough into balls and roll them in granulated sugar. I think this is a little easier and your cookies are more uniform.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together shortening and sugar, add egg and beat thoroughly.
- 2Add molasses, salt, soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- 3Gradually add flour. Mixture will be very thick.
- 4Spoon onto cookie sheet and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 5Bake them for 10 minutes in a 350 oven.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Crinkle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1167.9
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 1104.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 71.0 g
- Protein 11.9 g