Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soft centers and a nice spicy flavor. From Taste of Homes a nice addition to your Christmas cookie tray.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, and molasses and mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets (do not flatten) Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until done (centers will be slightly soft) In a small mixing bowl beat butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla and enough milk until creamy.
- Frost cookies while warm.
soft and wonderful;made them to give on my cookie trays this year but decided i likedf them tooooo much to give away so i hid them and had a secret snack for myself.lol
Delicious! Thanks so much for posting!
I can't pass up any recipe with molasses...yum!! These are very good cookies (but I cheated and used store-bought icing). After I mixed them up I thought they were missing something so I added 1/2 tsp salt and that really brought out the flavor more. Thanks, these are really yummy! :)