Recipe by andypandy
I have had this recipe for ever, I believe my mom got it from a Family circle magazine, early in my lifetime...maybe even before!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup fancy baking molasses
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (5 min. not instant)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all dry ingredients to gether except oats.
- Melt crisco and let cool.
- Add egg, molasses, Combine well with the melted shortening.
- Add all dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add oats.
- Mix well.
- Roll into balls and flatten with a sugared glass bottom.
- Bake 350 Degrees F.
- Bake 10- 11 minutes for chewy cookies Bake 12- 13 minutes for hard crisp cookies.
- Watch cookies as they will change quickly the las t few minutes.