Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my dad's favourite cookies. He says they remind him of the cookies his mom used to make. Chewy and delicious....they scream for an accompanying cold glass of milk or cup of tea. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the melted butter, 1 cup of sugar and the molasses.
- Add egg and stir until well mixed.
- In a separtate bowl, mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, stirring until a soft dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the remaining sugar.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.
These are a nice spicy crisp cookie, great for dunking in coffee or tea.
Simple to make and delicious!
These are wonderful little gems. I love a good molasses cookie and this fits the bill. The only thing I did different according to your recipe is used only 1/2 stick of butter. They turned out perfect. Glad I tagged this recipe for Camera-less Chef's = June 08 photo challenge~~