1/2 Photos of Molasses Cookies
Dallas and Rina's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter over low heat. Remove saucepan from heat and, with wire whisk, beat in molasses and 1 cup sugar until blended, whisk in egg.
- 3With spoon, stir in flour and remaining ingredients until mixed.
- 4Transfer dough to medium bowl and freeze 15 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Spread remaining 1/4 cup sugar on waxed paper.
- 5Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll balls in sugar to coat. Place balls, 2 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies spread and da rken.
- 6Let cookies remain on cookie sheet on wire rack 1 minute to cool slightly.
- 7Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Repeat with remaining dough.
- 9Store cookies in tightly covered container up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 224.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g