Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 mins
This recipe came from my grandma's recipe box. She never wrote down the amount this batch made and i hope that my guess is correct.
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- Cream the shorting and sugar together in a large bowl. Add molasses and the egg and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet a little at a time until well blended.
- Chill over night in the refrigerator.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
OMG! These cookies may be my undoing!! They are scrum-diddle-ee-icious!! I give them 6 stars out of 5!!