Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
From Alton Brown.
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 6 ounces molasses, by weight
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 -8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick bone-in (6 to 8-ounce)
- Place all of the ingredients into a 1-gallon zip top bag, seal, and shake to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade.
- Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and boil gently, stirring often, until reduced to about 1/2 cup liquid, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the thyme stems after the glaze has reduced.
- Meanwhile, grill pork chops 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Allow the pork chops to rest 4 to 5 minutes before serving with the glaze.