Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The dressing for this coleslaw sounds so delicious that I had to post the recipe. This salad is wonderful with bbq brisket or ribs. This is a Williams-Sonoma recipe.
- 1 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced (white and green portions)
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- in a large colander, combine the green and red cabbages. Sprinkle with salt and toss to combine. Let stand in the colander for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spin the cabbages in a salad spinner to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cabbage to a large bowl. Add the green onions and carrots and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the molasses, mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Slowly add the vinegar and whisk vigorously to emulsify. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Toss the coleslaw again just before serving.