Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband "invented" this procedure to grill steak. It works with chicken, pork, or beef. It guarantees a moist, flavorful dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup dark molasses
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon seasoning salt (Lowrey's etc)
- Brush one side of each chicken breast with a light coat of molasses.
- Sprinkle both sides of breast with lemon pepper and seasoned salt.
- Grill, molasses side up, on medium temperature for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn (do not pierce breast) gently and continue to grill to desired doneness.
- I prefer to remove the breasts when they are still soft to touch at the thickest part.
I'm surprised this has not been reviewed yet. It is surprisingly simple to make with excellent results. I used a bone in breast as I think the bone adds to the flavour. The molasses carmelized somewhat and it gave a great taste. Thanks for the recipe Milette