Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really easy, moist cake. You can jazz it up with either raisins, nuts, craisins.
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix (I use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup craisins or 1 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared white frosting
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 pan.
- I use Bakers Joy Spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, milk, eggs and molasses (and fruit or nuts if using).
- Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan.
- Frost when completely cool.
- Frosting: In a medium bowl stir molasses into frosting until completely mixed.
- Spread on cake.
Very moist, heavy and tasty! My mom made Molases cake from scratch when I was young, this is a fast and easy version. The spice taste isn't as strong. If you like, add some of your choice... cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger etc... I added dried fruit bits to the mix. I also put a peanut butter frosting on top like mom used to! (powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk) This is comfort food.