Recipe by mandabears
Really easy, moist cake. You can jazz it up with either raisins, nuts, craisins.
Top Review by Neneldae
Very moist, heavy and tasty! My mom made Molases cake from scratch when I was young, this is a fast and easy version. The spice taste isn't as strong. If you like, add some of your choice... cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger etc... I added dried fruit bits to the mix. I also put a peanut butter frosting on top like mom used to! (powdered sugar, peanut butter and milk) This is comfort food.
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix (I use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup craisins or 1 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared white frosting
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 pan.
- I use Bakers Joy Spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, milk, eggs and molasses (and fruit or nuts if using).
- Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan.
- Frost when completely cool.
- Frosting: In a medium bowl stir molasses into frosting until completely mixed.
- Spread on cake.