Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
1909 Molasses cake recipe with no eggs or mik required. This was my great grandmothers recipe and it was my grandmothers favorite cake recipe. (And is a favorite for the rest of my family also...)
- Cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Add molasses and baking soda disolved in hot water.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture. Beat well.
- Put into greased, floured 9x9x2 inch pan,
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
- The following may also be added to this recipe- rasins, chopped nuts or candied fruit for fruit cake.