Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Slather this "spiced-up" butter on your baked sweet potatoes! The butter can be prepared up to 1 week in advance, and can be doubled, make this topping well in advance, it will save you time. If you have a any leftover butter, it can be frozen. This amount of butter should be enough for 5-6 medium baked yams depending on the amount used on each potato. This is wonderful on baked sweet potatoes!
Top Review by Galley Wench
Thanks Kitten for a great recipe! Served this with pork loin this evening and everyone was raving about the butter . . well truth be known, DH was complaining that there wasn't more butter for his potato! You have to understand he's from West Virginia and loves his molasses! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy; cover and chill (soften slightly before using if desired).
- After the yams are baked cut slits across center of each yam.
- Press ends together toward the center to expose the flesh.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of spiced butter into each.
- Pass the spiced butter around at the table.