Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Slather this "spiced-up" butter on your baked sweet potatoes! The butter can be prepared up to 1 week in advance, and can be doubled, make this topping well in advance, it will save you time. If you have a any leftover butter, it can be frozen. This amount of butter should be enough for 5-6 medium baked yams depending on the amount used on each potato. This is wonderful on baked sweet potatoes!
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy; cover and chill (soften slightly before using if desired).
- After the yams are baked cut slits across center of each yam.
- Press ends together toward the center to expose the flesh.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of spiced butter into each.
- Pass the spiced butter around at the table.
Thanks Kitten for a great recipe! Served this with pork loin this evening and everyone was raving about the butter . . well truth be known, DH was complaining that there wasn't more butter for his potato! You have to understand he's from West Virginia and loves his molasses! Thanks for a great recipe!
This recipe got me to the store in a hurry to buy some sweet potatoes! I microwaved mine for about 8 minutes and finished baking in 400 degree oven (rubbed skins with oil). I also topped with some toasted walnuts. The orange zest really shines in the butter and it reminded me of a "holiday" sweet potato, without all the work. Thanks Kitten for this unique recipe. Roxygirl