My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 X 5 X 3-inch pan.
- 3Combine flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, salt and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- 4Mix well.
- 5In a second mixing bowl, mix baking soda, buttermilk and molasses, using a wooden spoon.
- 6This misture will start to bubble.
- 7Immediately mix it into the dry ingredients.
- 8Spoon the batter into the greased pan.
- 9Bake at once.
- 10The bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 11Turn out of the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Brown Bread
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 1071.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.1 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 25.1 g