Recipe by ellie3763
from "cooking books" - http://cooking-books.blogspot.com/2008/10/sarah-fosters-molasses-brown-bread.html
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease your pans.
- Mix the flours, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg, sugar, molasses and buttermilk in another bowl until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine just until everything is well blended.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pans and bake 40-45 minutes. The toothpick text will tell you when they're done.