Molasses-Brined Pork Chops
- Make the brine: combine water and salt in a large bowl; stir until the salt dissolves.
- Add in sugar, molasses, and vanilla; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in ice.
- Add chops, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove chops from brine, pat dry; discard brine.
- Make the rub: combine all the rub ingredients; rub over both sides of chops; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge chops in flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add chops and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.