Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful rich cookie, which is great served with a nice hot coffe or chocolate on one of those bitter winter days. Easy to make and very impressive. When baking with kids the coffee can easily be ommited. Prep time includes chill time.
- 200 g coffee flavoured chocolate
- 350 g flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 125 g sugar
- 250 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 65 g ground hazelnuts
- Grate the chocolate finely. Combine with flour, 1 tbs cocoa powder, coffee powder, butter, sugar, egg and hazelnuts. Using the dough hooks work into a smooth dough. Divide into three parts and roll those into coils of approximately 4 cm in diameter. Wrap with cling film and cool for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut coils into 1cm thick slices and roll these out into long strings (fingerthick or smaller). Form into pretzels and put onto a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. When cooled, you can dipp them into melted chocolate or decorate them with fine lines of melted chocolate.
Made the full batch, managed to get 60,also made the recipe as written and stored them in a sealed proof container, and took to the fireworks in town tonight, we have them a week later. Other than using fat free butter, these were outstanding. Loved the cocca powder in them . Very enjoyable snack tonight, that will be repeated. Made for Recipe Swap 42.
Not being a coffee person I definitely left out the coffee powder & used a regular, dark chocolate! Ended up with some enjoyable chocolate munchies! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the VIP in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]