Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is super simple and a big hit at cookie swaps. I got it from one of my mom's old cookbooks and after trial, error, and revisions this recipe is no fail and perfect.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, Sifted
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, Beaten
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (Fresh-Squeezed or Bottled)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder, Sifted
- Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, pastry blender, or 2 forks, cut butter into sifted flour and confectioner's sugar until mixture comes together. Press in bottom of a 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, beat eggs, granulated sugar and lemon juice together until sugar is dissolved and mixture is light and fluffly. Stir sifted flour and baking powder into egg mixture. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with additional confectioner's sugar.
- Cool and cut into bars.