Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of the first Copycat recipes I've tried. It's a big hit everytime I make it. They taste really really good!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium potatoes, unpeeled but scrubbed
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- ranch dressing or sour cream, optional
- Mix flour and spices in shallow dish.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
- Dip potato slices into the beaten egg, then into flour mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil (about 375º) until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with dressing or sour cream.
These were very good. I was using my deep fryer to make chicken and wanted a side dish to do with it using the deep fryer. This fit the bill perfectly. Thank you
Cut into rounds these duplicate the Rojo potatoes served at the Shakey's chain. Our Shakey's closed more than a decade ago, and my family was stoked when I made these last night. They couldn't get enough. The only changes I made were cutting the potatoes into rounds and I added just a touch more garlic. They were wondermous!
All I have to say is... yum! My husband and I are both fans of Shakey's original Mojos, but don't live very close to a Shakey's anymore. To top it off, my kids and I are now on gluten-free diets, so we can't eat them at Shakey's anymore. I simply substituted my usual gluten-free flour blend for the flour and it turned out beautifully. My kids an husband can't stop raving!