Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Walleye is just about the best whitefish I know, and this marinade is fantastic! Allow about 3 hours for marinating, and either grill or broil the walleye, or sometimes I like to coat it in a light mixture of dried unseasoned breadcrumbs with a little cornmeal and pan-fry.
- 2 large walleyed pike fillet
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine 2 large walleye fillets with the marinade ingredients; marinate for 3 hours.
- To cook, either grill, broil or pan-fry; total cooking time should be about 15 to 20 minutes.
I didn't have time to marinate it for 3 hours, however, it was really good! I made with brown rice and poured some of the marinade from the grilled fish juices over the rice. We also threw a tomato/fresh basil and fresh mozzarella salad on the side. Yum! My whole family loved this, 5 kids included! Healthy, filling and definitely do-over material.
Fish cooked up nicely and was very moist, but lacked flavor.
first ...walleye is my favorite fish .. the recipe was ok but i propably never gonna make this again