Recipe by 2Bleu
Get your Mojo back with this daring grilled steak dish! Requires 1 hour marinade time.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
What a fantastic marinade for our T-Bones. I let the steaks marinate for about four hours before grilling. They turned out great! I loved the macaroni, too. However, I substituted jalepeno for the habanero. Can't wait to have T-Bones this good again! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (12 ounce) beef t-bone steaks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped habanero
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup poblano chili paste, made by roasting, peeling, and pureing chilies
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, whole and washed
Directions See How It's Made
- MOJO: whisk together all of the Mojo ingredients (except the steaks). Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade, covered, in the fridge. Marinate the steak in the remaining Mojo for 1 hour prior to grilling.
- MACARONI: Heat butter in a large skillet and sauté the onions, garlic, and habanero until just tender. Add the cooked macaroni, cheese, and poblano puree. Mix thoroughly and season to taste. Keep warm.
- GRILL: Grill the steak to desired doneness. Trim the roots off the green onions and grill them alongside the steak.
- SERVE: Place macaroni onto a plate. Place the steak atop the macaroni and spoon reserved Mojo over the steaks. Place grilled green onion stalks over top.