Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Rob Rainford's cuban style pork on the grill... this citrusy and slightly spicy flavor makes for a nice change from the usual barbeque fare.
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 177.44 ml fresh orange juice
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml orange rind, grated
- 4.92 ml lime peel, grated
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Puree the first 9 mojo marinade ingredients in a blender while slowly adding the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the mojo marinade into a container to keep in the fridge for later as a dipping sauce.
- Place the pork tenderloins in a ziplock bag and pour the remaining mojo marinade into the bag with it. Squeeze out the air, seal and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat grill to 350°F.
- Remove pork from marinade and remove excess marinade from it, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork on the grill over direct heat and grill for 15-18 minutes, turning every 4 minutes for even gold browning.
- Remove pork from the grill and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Warm reserved mojo marinade to use as a dipping sauce.
This is a great tasting recipe and very authentic. I served it with Victor 52 Cuban Black Beans and Rice and it was a smash hit!
One time instead of fresh loin, we had a huge pork roast that had been roasted and was put in freezer--so I just put marinade over the thawed sliced pork and left for 24 hr. and then baked for about 2-3 hr. until flavors mingled and it was not dry.
Recipe was good. I did like the flavor and appearance of the marinade--my only issue with it is that it wasn't very strong. Even after marinating, my pork only had small hints of an orange juice flavor. Overall we still enjoyed it though
I loved making this! It was so easy to make and it tasted great! My housemates all crowded around the kitchen and asked for 2nds and 3rds! I am going to make it again really soon for my parents and siblings.