Recipe by Mike Rapa
Spicy grilled chicken that melts in your mouth.
Top Review by eknecht
This was good! I added a little cilantro and a pinch of brown sugar to the marinade, because we felt like it needed a little kick of flavor. We also increased the tabasco to 1 1/2 tsp and added an additional 1 tsp of brown sugar to the boiled marinade for basting. Very yummy! Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- To make marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a large, plastic resealable bag and pour in the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and reserve the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, brign to a boil over high heat, and boil for a minute.
- Grill, bone side down, over Indirect Medium heat until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 30-40 minutes. Baste once or twice with the boiled marinade. For crispier skin, grill the chicken, skin side down, over Direct Medium heat during the last 5 minutes of grilling time. Brush with a little of the marinade just before serving.