Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This tasty recipe is usually grilled, but can also be baked if you'd like. We use chicken thighs, but any cut of chicken is OK. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small chili peppers or 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange peel, shredded
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs meaty chicken pieces
- Saute garlic and chile pepper in olive oil and cool. Add remaining seasonings.
- Place chicken in plastic ziplock bag and pour in all but 1/3 C marinade. Refrigerate remaining marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, turnuing occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat and prepare for indirect cooking. Drain chicken, discard marinade.
- Grill covered (turning occasionally) for 30-40 minutes until until juices run clear when tested and is no longer pink. (180 dg.) Brush remaining marinade on all sides of chicken during last minutes of grilling.
Made for Pick A Chef - Fall 2008. This caught my eye because it has a lot of the same flavors as a stove top chicken recipe that I have and it did not disappoint! It was very good and flavorful. I used skinless bone-in chicken thighs but next time I make it I will use skinless boneless chicken thighs. This will definitely be added to my summer repetoire of grill recipes. Thanks for posting this Mareesme!