Recipe by BarbryT
I got this from a recipe card at Central Market in Shoreline, Washington. Sounds good to me.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
This was very nice, but a little bland. I wish it had soaked up more of the orange flavor, maybe next time I would marinate the shrimp in some orange juice for a bit beforehand. I did have to leave out the red peppers though which may have given it that added bit of flavor it was lacking. I served this over couscous with more orange zest, balsamic vinegar, almonds and parsley.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 large orange, juice of
- mixed greens or hot cooked rice or pasta or polenta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Immediately add shrimp; cook and stir 3 minutes or until the shrimp begin to turn opaque.
- Add oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, orange peel and orange juice.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve over mixed greens, rice, pasta or polenta.