Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Cuban recipe that can be used as a marinade and/or sauce for shrimp, pork or chicken. From Saveur magazine.
- 1 small head of garlic, peeled and separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bitter orange juice or 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Crush together garlic cloves and salt with a mortar and pestle, put into a medium bowl.
- Stir in bitter fresh orange juice, or lime juice, and fresh orange juice, olive oil, chopped fresh oregano, cumin, crushed dried oregano, and salt to taste.
Made this recipe as written (though doubled) & enjoyed A GREAT BASTING SAUCE for some chicken breasts! Also served over green beans & brown rice! Definitely a recipe worth keeping! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement]