Chicken breast seasoned with red chili flakes and oregano. Oh yes, don't forget the garlic! Look for the sour orange juice in the ethnic section of most supermarkets. Serve a spoonful of Coco Rice With Green Onions recipe # along side each breast.
- Combine juices, oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, salt and chili flakes in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 13-by-9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes; uncover and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with Coco Rice With Green Onions recipe #.
This is probably the juiciest chicken I've ever tasted!! The flavour is really good, too - a bit of a kick but not too much. I did use fresh o.j. instead of the sour.
Ooooh. This was a really easy and tasty dish to prepare. I couldn't find sour orange juice so I used a 50:50 mix of orange and ruby red grapefruit juice. This worked extremely well and I would encourage others to try it if the availability of sour juice is what's stopping them for trying this recipe. My chicken breasts were grilled on my George Foreman grill. Though the recipe calls for marinading one to three hours, I had one leftover breast that sat in the fridge overnight. Even better than the first batch. Will certainly be making this one again.
Spicy, with good flavor.