Recipe by litldarlin
Try this Cuban-inspired kebab recipe using lean sirloin from "The Healthy Beef Cookbook".
Top Review by Dine & Dish
5 stars indeed. My husband made the mistake of brushing some of the sauce on right before taking them off the grill and the edges of the beef got charred. They were still excellent, fully flavored kabobs!
- 59.14 ml fresh orange juice
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 453.59 g boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 1 large lime, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 283.49 g container cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour only half of the Mojo sauce as a marinade over the beef in a medium bowl or food storage bag; cover or seal.
- Cover the remaining sauce; refrigerate both at least 24 hours.
- Heat broiler or grill.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Season beef with the pepper; thread on skewers, alternate with lime and onion wedges.
- Thread tomatoes evely onto separate skewers.
- Let reserved marinade come into room temperature.
- Broil or grill kebobs, turning occasionally until beef is brown and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes fro medium-rare.
- Tomatoes are slightly softened after 4 minutes of grilling.
- Serve drizzled with the reserved sauce.