Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Recipe from Island Flave.com for Cuba
Top Review by lauralie41
I made this recipe for Lavender Lynn's Mojo Chicken Wings, http://www.food.com/recipe/mojo-chicken-wings-502879, and we loved the marinade. Had minced garlic in the fridge so that is what I used and parsley instead of cilantro. The orange juice wasnt very sour so I added some pineapple juice for tartness. We will make this marinade for the chicken wings again soon!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, large, cut into paper thin slices, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice, fresh and sour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant and pale golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let brown too much, or the garlic will become bitter.
- Stir in the sour orange juice, water, cumin, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Stand back; the sauce may sputter. Bring the sauce to a rolling boil. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature, then stir in the cilantro. Transfer the mojo to a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Serve in the jar and shake well before serving.