Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From WW Website.
Make and share this Mojito-Style Melon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups honeydew melon, diced
- 2 cups cantaloupe, diced
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, fresh, slivered
- 4 pieces mint leaves, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine honeydew, cantaloupe, 2 tablespoons of sugar, lime zest and juice, and slivered mint. Refrigerate 15 minutes, tossing occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture is well chilled.
- When ready to serve, spread remaining tablespoon of sugar onto a flat plate. Pour a little water into a shallow bowl and dip rim of each of 4 wine or martini glasses into water; press wet rims into sugar to coat edge of each glass. Spoon 1 cup of fruit mixture into each glass; garnish with mint sprigs. Yields 1 cup per serving.
I love this salad!!! I used the lime wedge around the rim of each martini glass and then ran them through sugar. The sugar sticks well to the lime juice and flavors the sugar. I love mojitos and I bet this would be great with a tablespoon or two of white rum in it! Great Recipe! Thanks Redsie
Delicious salad and a great way to use some of the mint (spearmint) which is growing rampant in our garden. We had this for supper with fish so I skipped step 2. I also didn't measure my amounts but used 1 whole cantalope and one whole honeydew plus 1 lime and a bunch of mint leaves which I picked out of the yard. I think the leftover salad will make a wonderful breakfast with yogurt. Thanks for sharing this keeper!