- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice, about 4 to 6 limes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, firmly packed
- 2 limes, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 8 cups crushed ice
- mint sprig, for garnish
- lime wedge, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar and water. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear. Set aside to cool.
- Put the sugar syrup, lime juice, mint leaves, lime zest, and rum into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the ice and blend until slushy.
- Spoon into glasses; garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime slice.