Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and tangy grilled chicken recipe, and grilling some pineapple slices as well adds a nice touch for a summertime dinner. Your favorite green vegetable would go great with this!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 medium)
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Prepare grill for direct grilling on medium, or preheat large ridged grill pan on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, with meat mallet, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- From 1 lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Cut remaining lime into 4 wedges; set aside. In a small bowl, combine oil, lime peel and juice. Lightly brush pineapple on both sides with lime mixture; set aside remaining lime mixture in bowl.
- Place pineapple slices on hot grill rack and cook 10 minutes or until browned an both sides, turning over once.
- Stir mint into remaining lime mixture and pat onto both sides of chicken. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to season both sides. Place chicken on hot grill rack and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned on both sides and no longer prink throughout, turning over once. Serve chicken with pineapple and lime wedges.