Recipe by celly
I just served this at our NYE 2007 party.. I can't even lie and say it was a success for all - only the women drank this.. but the punch bowl was pretty much licked dry :) I found this recipe on a bartending website...Enjoy! Serves "12"... For ice: Use a bundt pan and add mint leaves and fresh cranberries - fill with 1/4 cup water. Freeze once frozen add more cranberries and mint fill pan with water and use for pretty ice set-up in your bowl (not necessary - just presentation).
Punch (use 1 cup mint infused simple syrup)
- 4 cups light rum
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
ingredients for simple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by boiling the water and sugar.
- Stir constantly until dissolved.
- Take off heat.
- Add washed and clean mint.
- Leave mint in for 15 minutes.
- Strain mint and refrigerate liquid.
- Hour before party.
- Use punch bowl.
- Add ice (see above).
- Combine rum, lime juice, water and syrup in bowl.
- Serve in glasses garnished with mint sprig and lime wedge.