Recipe by Rita~
This is a Key lime pie with mint and rum flavored whipped cream added up to make a mojito in a pie! Store bought graham cracker crust can be used.This is lower then most because this recipe calls for fat free sweetened condensed milk and the system on zaar calculated it as regular!
Top Review by JT'sMom
Rita you are so right about this pie! It is rich but at the same time refreshing. I used a prepared graham cracker crust, Nellie and Joe's key lime juice, and dark rum in the whipped cream. Key Lime Pie is DH's favorite and he loved the variation. I can't wait to get my hands on some fresh key limes. This would be a very easy and impressive dessert to entertain with. We all loved it, 5 stars all the way girl. Thanks for sharing. :) JT'sMom
Whipped Cream topping or use fat free whipped topping
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract or 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 5 ounces low-fat cinnamon graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice (fresh squeezed or bottled)
- 4 egg yolks, lightly whisked
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- mint leaf
- key lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor pulse crackers and butter till mixed and crumbled.
- Place in a greased pie shell, pressing to form a pie crust.
- Place mint leaves in lime juice and stir to release the mint oils.
- Place the eggs in a bowl, gently stir in milk and juice.
- Pour into pie shell. The filling won`t fill completely to the top of the crust. That rooms for the whipped cream.
- Bake for 35 minutes till set.
- Chill overnight.
- Put all whipped cream ingredients in a medium deep chilled bowl, beat until soft peaks form. Can be made up to four hours ahead and refrigerated. Spread on pie.
- Garnish with mint leave and lime.