This is a Key lime pie with mint and rum flavored whipped cream added up to make a mojito in a pie! Store bought graham cracker crust can be used.This is lower then most because this recipe calls for fat free sweetened condensed milk and the system on zaar calculated it as regular!
Whipped Cream topping or use fat free whipped topping
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract or 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 5 ounces low-fat cinnamon graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice (fresh squeezed or bottled)
- 4 egg yolks, lightly whisked
- 14 ounces fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- mint leaf
- key lime
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor pulse crackers and butter till mixed and crumbled.
- Place in a greased pie shell, pressing to form a pie crust.
- Place mint leaves in lime juice and stir to release the mint oils.
- Place the eggs in a bowl, gently stir in milk and juice.
- Pour into pie shell. The filling won`t fill completely to the top of the crust. That rooms for the whipped cream.
- Bake for 35 minutes till set.
- Chill overnight.
- Put all whipped cream ingredients in a medium deep chilled bowl, beat until soft peaks form. Can be made up to four hours ahead and refrigerated. Spread on pie.
- Garnish with mint leave and lime.